Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Park & Slope

Since my mom is planning to move to Brooklyn this summer, I thought I should check out some potential neighborhoods. Park Slope was first on my list.

My first time in Park Slope treated me well. It wasn't nearly as picturesque as I'd expected, but the neighborhood seemed friendly and it was nice to not see any buildings taller than six stories.

It was a gorgeous 65-degree day out, so we decided it would be a good day for lying in the sun in Prospect Park. The trees were still barren and the reeds were brown and dead, but we found a nice patch of grass to lay out a picnic of cheese and crackers with beer and wine.

When it started getting chilly, we headed to Peppino's for some pizza, and it didn't disappoint. The Diavola (sausage, mozzarella, basil and olives) was fresh and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment