I went to a concert on Thursday for the first time in what seemed like forever. After three days of 9-to-5 office work, it was just what I needed. Even though I had previously written off Ingrid Michaelson and Mat Kearney as Grey's Anatomy background music, I absolutely loooved Ingrid Michaelson's set. She and her band were so personable that it was like stand-up comedy with some light-hearted, lovely and optimistic music thrown in. Mat Kearney wasn't really a banter kind of guy, but his voice is very pure and strong, though it sounds a bit whiny and whispery on the radio.
Other highlights of the trip: shopping on Newbury Street and getting evacuated out of Urban Outfitters for a fire, lying out on "BU beach" a.k.a. a small strip of grass by the Charles River, delicious pad see ew at BU hotspot Noodle Street, and visiting my beloved sister, of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment